Monday, October 13, 2008

Peterson Family

I love family! Family is what I live for. It's one of the major reasons why I am part of the church. So I can be with my family in heaven forever.
I grew up in a broken up family. My parents were divorced. After that we slowly didn't hang out as a family any more. As of right now we rarely hang out. I met Brittany about 2 years ago and fell in love. After falling in love with her I fell in love with her family and friends. Brittany's dad invited me to go to priesthood session of conference. During the song I started to cry, because of the thought that came into my mind. This is my gift to you a whole family that is so strong in the church, and that is trying there best everyday to do heavenly fathers work. They have greeted me in with loving arms, and with no judgements. Brittany's family that gave me the most welcome would have to be Klyss's Family the Petersons. The first time I met them was at a Christmas party. I can remember how friendly everyone was. Tyler Peterson even gave me an interveiw to make sure I was a good fit for the family. I think it was that I was a BYU fan that helped. I saw how much everyone loved each other. It was so loud which meant no one was left out of any conversation. I had never felt the spirit so strong in one house hold. This family holds a place in my heart forever. I thank you so much for the love and support that you have given me in my life and as a part of your family!


Thanks!
Joshua

3 comments:

Steph said...

I can understand the broken family thing a bit. Its hard but it does make it easier when you marry into a great family! You wrote that well and how nice of you to share your feelings with everyone! P.S. We had so much fun with you guys last night! Our pumpkins turned out awesome!

Grammy Cindy said...

You are so lucky to have love in your life. You and Brit are so cute together. And you will be an awesome dad.

Klyss Smith said...

It is the most awesome thing in the world to be a grandma! I feel so blessed to have such wonderful children and in-laws that are so willing to accept & love their mother~in~law flaws and all. Thank you for the kind things you say and do for me.
Thank you for sharing your baby & your love~ "My cup runneth over".
xoxoxoxoxo mom (nana)